Friday, November 20, 2009

Improvement in Importing VM in Hyper-V on Windows 2008 R2

Had recently ran out of space in my dev laptop’s old 250GB hard disk. Just moved-in to the new Windows 2008 R2 with Seagate 7200.4 320gb hard disk, and, of course first thing to do is to fill it all up again with with tons of Hyper-V VM. To my amazement, I get some cool new options in the Import VM screen:

image

Now this is some real improvement! Especially the ‘Duplicate’ check box!!! Can’t count how many times I accidentally imported my archived Hyper-V VM in the old Hyper-V and found out that it cannot be imported anymore!! Now at least the options are clear and able to ‘duplicate’ sure helps! Was a shamed that these are not able in the ‘old’ Hyper-V, everyone, just update to R2 already!

No comments:

Post a Comment