Friday, November 20, 2009

You can uninstall VM Additions version 13.813 and later from Hyper-V!

Okay, I admit, maybe its just me amusing myself.

I always remembered (from the old days of Hyper-V…) that we are not able to uninstall VM Additions installed by Virtual PC when the VM is running in Hyper-V... I had to hack Windows 2008 to boot into non-hyper-v, to run Virtual PC, so that I can uninstall the damn VM additions!

Today, after installing Win2k8 R2, I imported some old VPC’s VM into Hyper-V, and go to Add/Remove programs to try my luck... And it works this time round!!

Some digging into TechNet found out that we actually can uninstall certain version of VM Additions directly in Hyper-V. Not sure when this was out, but it sure is news to me! (and a time save too!)

image

No comments:

Post a Comment